Is Your home Ready to Sell?
Selling your Home
If you are thinking of selling your home, chances are you're caught up in a mass of emotions. You may be looking forward to moving up to a new home or facing the uncertainty of a major move across country. You may be reluctant to leave your memories behind or eager to start new and exciting adventures! We are experienced real estate consultants and we have been helping folks for over 23 years. Whatever you need, it is never too big or too small. For us, it is all in a days work. We know how make your new transition enjoyable! Call or email us today!
In order for our clients' critical needs to be met with the best professional courtesy, and to exceed expectations, we choose our contractors, pet sitters, housekeepers, mortgage consultants, movers, whatever our clients are looking for with the upmost care, so when we recommend someone, we know that person cares as much as we do about doing a good job!
Setting a Listing Price
Of course everyone wants to know first off, what is my home worth? Markets change daily so we all know it is important to price your home right the first time. Knowing the neighborhoods, and what the market is doing is crucial and something websites just can't do as well. We take the time to analyze your home, taking into consideration any improvements, location, time frame and many, many other factors.We want your home to stand out in the crowd! . Consider a couple of pricing factors:
- If you set the price too high, your house won’t be picked for viewing, even though it may be much nicer than others in the area. You may have told your REALTOR® to "Bring me any offer. Frankly, I’d take less." But in that list of houses, yours simply looks too expensive to be considered.
- If you price too low, you'll short-change yourself. Your house will sell promptly, yes, but before it has time to find the buyer who would have paid more.
- So ask yourself, 'do I want someone who rushes through and wants to just get my home on the market at the lowest price, or do I want someone who will take the time to really understand the market and knows how to get my home sold for the highest price"?
A tip: Never say "asking" price, which implies you don't expect to get it.
To help determine a proper listing price, contact us today and we'll set a time to discuss the following;
- comparable sales.what do they mean and how do they help sell your home
- To stage or not to stage, what does it do for selling a home
- Home inspections and what they do for you as a seller
- What is the appraiser going to look for
- should we move now or wait until our house sells
- Analyzing market conditions.and what they mean for your home sale
- What if you don't like the buyer- yikes!
- Do offering incentives really work and when should we use them
- Estimating your net proceeds.
Using Comparable Sales
This a gauge only, not the "is all, end all"! but no matter how attractive and polished your house, buyers will be comparing its price with everything else on the market. Your best guide is a record of what the buying public has been willing to pay in the past few months for property in your neighborhood like yours.
Also we can furnish data on sale figures for those "comps", and analyze them for a suggested listing price. The decision about how much to ask, though, is always yours. The list of comparable sales we bring to you, along with data about other houses in your neighborhood presently on the market, is used for a "Competitive Market Analysis (CMA)." To help in estimating a possible sale price for your house, the analysis will also include data on nearby houses that failed to sell in the past few months, along with their list prices.
This CMA differs from a formal appraisal in several ways. One major difference is that an appraisal will be based only on past sales. In addition, an appraisal is done for a fee while the CMA is provided by us and may include properties currently listed for sale and those currently pending sale.
In the normal home sale, a CMA is probably enough to let you set a proper price. A formal written appraisal (which may cost a few hundred dollars) can be useful if you have unique property, if there hasn't been much activity in your area recently, if co-owners disagree about price, and any other circumstance that makes it difficult to put a value on your home.
We never rest! Smart phones, instant text, videos, QR codes, all play an important role in marketing your home. Our marketing involves local, national and global means to attract buyers from all over the world..In this increasing mobile environment we want to make sure sure your home is marketed effectively. We make it our business to know what is working not only today, but everyday.
You can't sell what you don't know! We not only work in our communities but we live and play here too! We are involved in community projects to better our community, we know what is going on here and bring that knowledge to you as a seller and to our buyers.
As a result of our care, passion,and dedication in serving our clients, we have become known as the premier boutique Real Estate office in Southern Oregon.
Give us a call and find out what makes REDD MCCARTY REALTORS different!
Office: 541-479-7003 (your call will ring through to our cell if we are out in the field, no call is missed) !
We listen~ We care~ We get Results!
REDD MCCARTY REALTORS
315 SE 7th St.
Grants Pass, Or 97526